- 30-Day Return Period for Certain Products and Accessories, unless bound by an agreement.
- The direct return policy applies to US Dell stores from where the purchase was made.
- For all purchases not made directly from Dell, please check the return policy of the location from which the purchase was made.
Dell is an American company that develops, sells, repairs, and supports computers and related products and services, and is owned by its parent company of Dell Technologies.
As this computer brand sells to a worldwide customer base, it receives some returns and refunds requests every day. To help the customers deal with the returns and refunds, it has created the Dell Return Policy.
This article will explain the policy in detail.
Table of Contents
What is the Dell Return Policy?
- Dell offers you the option to return most products you purchase directly from Dell.
- For all purchases not made directly from Dell, please check the return policy of the location from which you purchased your product.
- If your purchase qualifies for a promotion offered by Dell that extends the return period for a specific product, the return rights and obligations included with the promotion will apply to your purchase.
30-Day Return Period for Certain Products and Accessories
- Unless you have a separate agreement with Dell, or except as provided below, all hardware, accessories, peripherals, and parts may be returned if requested and approved by Dell within 30 calendar days from the date on the packing slip or invoice for a refund or credit of the purchase price paid.
- Note that your refund or credit may be reduced by the amount of shipping and handling fees and any applicable restocking fees (as further described below).
- Any product returned to Dell without prior authorization from Dell will be considered an unauthorized return, and you will not receive a refund or credit for the product and Dell will not ship the product back to you.
- All approved returns must be received by Dell within 30 calendar days of the return approval date otherwise the amount of refund or credit may be reduced or eliminated if the product(s) are returned late.
Exceptions to Dell’s 30-Day Return Period
Software may not be returned at any time unless the software being returned is:
- Application software or operating systems installed by Dell on a returnable system that is being returned within the applicable return period.
- Media-based software that is unopened and still in its sealed package or, if delivered electronically, software that you have not accepted by clicking to agree to applicable terms.
Additional products not eligible for return at any time:
- Dell EMC-branded products
- Dell Wyse™ and Wyse-branded products
- Non-Dell-branded enterprise hardware and software products
- Customized products
Unless you have specifically agreed otherwise in your written agreement with Dell, there is no right of return for software purchased under any type of volume license arrangement. Dell reserves the right to deny any returns in circumstances involving repeated returns, violation of the Dell Terms of Sale or other impermissible activity.
How to Return a Product
- Before returning a product, you MUST first contact Dell customer service and obtain a Credit Return Authorization (CRA) number before the end of the applicable return period.
- Dell will not accept returns without a CRA number.
- To find the appropriate phone number or to send an email to customer service to request a CRA number, go to www.dell.com/contactus or see the “Contacting Dell” or “Getting Help” section of your customer documentation. To initiate a return online, please click here.
You MUST follow these steps when returning a product:
- Ship the product to Dell. Please note that all approved returns must be received by Dell within 30 days of the date that Dell issues the return authorization and instructions.
- Ship back all products you are seeking to return to Dell and for which you received a CRA number.
- For partial returns, your refund or credit may be less than the invoice or individual component price due to bundled or promotional pricing or any unadvertised discounts or concessions.
- Return the products in their original packaging, in as-new condition, along with any media, documentation and any other items that were included in your original shipment.
- For customers returning a TV, the TV must be returned in the original packaging it was received in (including box and protective cushioning). If you do not have the original packaging, you must provide separate packaging.
- For commercial customers, you must ship the products at your expense, and make sure the shipment is insured, or accept the risk of loss or damage during shipment.
- Upon receipt of your return, Dell will issue a credit or refund of the purchase price paid, which may be reduced by the amount of shipping and handling fees and any applicable restocking fees subject to this policy.
|Is return possible?
|In which case a full refund is possible
|In case of faulty and damaged product
|Store return, By Post
|Borne by the Customer
|Is your delivery refundable?
|Yes(In some cases)
Himadri is a travel enthusiast who loves exploring different parts of the world. Over the course of five years, I have been to numerous places, experienced different means of transportation, and stayed at different properties. The details on return and refund policies of different brands provided are based on first-hand experience to help everyone experience a hassle-free booking.