- Sunglass Hut offers Free 30 days returns, replacements and exchanges
- Refunds will be issued in the same form as your original payment method.
- For purchases made with a gift card, an e-gift card will be issued.
Sunglass Hut is an international retailer of sunglasses and sunglass accessories founded in Miami, Florida, United States, in 1971. Sunglass Hut is part of the Italian-based Luxottica Group, the world’s largest eyewear company. The company ships worldwide.
As the company has a large customer base, it gets hundreds of returns and exchange requests each day. To help the customers tackle their refunds and returns easily, the company has created the Sunglass Hut Returns Policy.
Let us understand more about this policy.
Table of Contents
What is the Sunglass Hut Return Policy?
- Australia Purchases – Their free Australia Post Shipping allows you to mail your online purchases back to their warehouse at no additional cost within 30 days.
Alternatively, you can return your order in-store, for free. All you need is your proof of purchase and original packaging.
- International Purchases – Your sunglasses must be returned in the country of purchase with Proof of Purchase, in ‘as new’ and undamaged condition and with the original packaging.
By “proof of purchase”, they mean a store receipt or Tax Invoice/Shipping Confirmation email to a Sunglass Hut retail store within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- The return policy does not apply if you have broken or damaged the sunglasses in any way. It cannot be used or combined with any other offer, discount or promotion.
- They cannot accept returns for engraved and customized products due to a change of mind, except when a product is faulty or defective. In these cases, contact our Customer Care team for further instructions.
- Customized and engraved purchases cannot be returned in-store.
- Refunds will be issued in the same form as your original payment method and will appear as a credit on your billing statement according to your card provider. Credits can take up to 5 business days to process to your original payment method.
Purchases made with Gift-Card
- For purchases made with a gift card, these products need to be returned by mail, a new gift card with the refund amount loaded will be mailed out to you and you will receive an email notification when they authorize the refund of the item(s).
- Please note that for orders purchased with a Sunglass Hut gift card, you’ll need to contact our customer service team to confirm your ship-to-address so they can reissue you the refund in the form of a replacement gift card that will be express posted to you.
- Purchases made with gift cards cannot be returned in-store. Kindly, contact their customer service team.
Replacement Coverage Policy
Sunglass Hut offers replacement coverage for sunglasses that break or get damaged while using.
- Sign up to our free ‘In The Loop’ program and if you damage your sunglasses within 1 year, they will give you 50% of the price you paid towards an identical pair.
- If you break or damage your purchased sunglasses within 12 months of date of purchase, our Sunglass Hut Replacement Coverage will apply.
- Your damaged sunglasses must be returned with proof of purchase to any Sunglass Hut retail store in the country of purchase within 12 months from the date of purchase.
- The Replacement Coverage cannot be used for the purchase of sale items and is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount. You must be a member of ‘In The Loop’ and consent to receive marketing to receive Replacement coverage.
- Replacement Coverage is only available to be used once per original purchase. If an identical pair is unavailable a substitute pair greater than or equal to the price paid of the original pair will be offered.
- Damaged sunglasses will be retained by Sunglass Hut upon purchase of the new pair.
How to Return?
Returning online purchases is super easy and always free. Choose below the most appropriate procedure according to the product you originally purchased:
1. Standard sunglasses (this process is not valid for customized products and Ray-Ban Stories smart glasses):
Return via mail
Their Free Returns policy lets you mail your purchase back to our Fulfilment Centre at no additional cost within 30 days.
- On the “Order status” https://www.sunglasshut.com/au/status page enter your order number and the email address used when placing your order.
- Follow the guided procedure and print the Return Label & Authorization.
- Pack item(s) in the original packaging including any documentation, accessories and manuals received with the product – make sure the package is secure and that the contents do not risk being damaged during shipping.
- Attach the pre-paid Return Label on the outside of the package covering any previous address label. Alternatively, bring a digital copy of your pre-paid Return Label to your nearest Post Office, who will be able to scan and print your label for you.f
- Drop your package at any Australia Post or New Zealand Post store or box.
- Track your return for AU at www.auspost.com.au or for NZ at www.nzpost.co.nz
It usually takes 10 to 15 business days to process your return once it’s received at their Fulfilment Centre. Remember, your package needs to be postmarked on or before 30 days after your purchase for a refund. Refunds will be issued in the same form as your original payment method. Please note that for orders purchased with a Sunglass Hut gift card, you’ll need to contact their customer service team to confirm your ship-to-address so they can issue you the refund in the form of a replacement gift card that will be express posted to you.
Return To A Store
With more than 150 Sunglass Hut locations in Australia and 20+ across New Zealand, you can find a store near you in the country that you purchased from to return or exchange in person within 30 days.
- If your sunglasses are defective within 24 months of purchase, just bring them back to the Sunglass Hut store you purchased them from with the proof of purchase (i.e. store receipt or Tax Invoice/Shipping Confirmation email) and they’ll replace them or give you a refund.
- Except where the products are defective, you will be responsible for any expenses in returning them to us.
- For online orders that are returned to a store, where the store has assessed and accepted your online order return in line with our policy, a refund will be processed back to your original payment method. This can take up to 3-5 days to appear in your account, this is dependent on your individual bank processing time as well as the payment method used. Please note orders purchased with a Sunglass Hut gift card can only be returned via mail and you must contact Customer Service.
- Customized products are made to customer specifications and cannot be returned or exchanged for change of mind.
- Refunds will be given by refunding payments onto your original payment method, or if that is not possible, by cheque.
- No refunds will be given for purchases of gift cards.
For Australian orders – Please give them a call at 1.800.556.926 Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm AEDT or email at email@example.com
For New Zealand orders, give a call at 0800-607-895 Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm AEDT or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Company Name||Sunglass Hut|
|Is return possible?||Yes|
|In which case a full refund is possible||In case of faulty and damaged product|
|Return Mode||Store return, By Post and International Return|
|Return charge||Borne by the Company|
|Is your delivery refundable?||Yes (In some cases)|
Himadri is a travel enthusiast who loves exploring different parts of the world. Over the course of five years, I have been to numerous places, experienced different means of transportation, and stayed at different properties. The details on return and refund policies of different brands provided are based on first-hand experience to help everyone experience a hassle-free booking.