- Sixt cancellation charges vary according to different situations.
- Prepaid car rentals are cheap compared to Pay later payment method.
- In most cases, you will get your refund within 24 hours.
Sixt SE is a Germany-based company. The company deals with luxury car rental services and ride-sharing, ride-hailing, and subscription services.
As Sixt is a car rental business, it is pretty standard for them to deal with cancellations of their service by customers. So it has become reasonably necessary to have a customer-friendly cancellation and refund policy.
In this article, we will look at Sixt cancellation and refund policy. After reading this mini-guide, you will be able to know whether you are eligible for a full refund or not.
Table of Contents
What is the Sixt Cancellation policy?
There are a few cases where you do not need to pay any cancellation fees when your cancel your reservation. In most cases, you must pay the cancellation fees to Sixt.
The cancellation fees of Sixt are dependent upon the simple rule, “How soon you cancel.” If you cancel your Sixt prepaid car reservation 24 hours before the journey, you need to pay lower fees.
Sixt has two forms of the payment system, i.e., Prepaid Payment and Flexi tariff. In Prepaid booking, you must pay the total price while booking your rental services. Prepaid booking price is less than pay on arrival price.
Full payment is not required in Flexi tariff until the rental commences, and amends can be made without any extra cost.
Cancellation Fees are dependent upon different factors. Let’s have a look at them.
|Time Left to scheduled Reservation||Cancellation Fees|
|More than 24 hours||$100(Plus taxes)|
|Less than 24 hours||$200(Plus taxes)|
|In case you do not cancel your ride||Full Rental Amount|
In pay-later bookings, you do not need to pay any cancellation or amendment charges. However, you should know that rental prices of Pay later cars are more compared to Prepaid bookings.
What Is Sixt Refund Policy?
Sixt refund policy is quite clear when it comes to refund-related claims. Let’s have a look at them.
- In the case of prepaid booking, you are required to pay cancellation fees, no matter what, in most cases. You will get your refund amount back after deducting the cancellation charges.
- If you didn’t cancel your prepaid ride and your car rental time starts, then Sixt will charge the whole rent amount as a cancellation fee.
- The only way to not pay any cancellation charge is the pay later method. However, this payment form is more costly than the Prepaid plan.
- In most cases, Sixt will provide your refund within 24 hours if you pay by your credit and debit card. In the worst-case, it can take up to 10 days.
- For corporate customers, alternate pricing rules can apply.
|Reason of Cancellation||Will you get a Refund|
|You cancel your ride when the time left to schedule a ride is more than 24 hours.||Yes(Minus Cancellation fee)|
|You cancel your ride when the time left to schedule a ride is less than 24 hours.||Yes(Minus Cancellation fee)|
|When you didn’t cancel your prepaid ride||No|
How to cancel Sixt Reservation?
To cancel your Sixt Ride, you need to follow the below-mentioned process:
- Go to the Sixt website and click on log in.
- Select the ride reservation that you want to cancel.
- Click on the cancel button and confirm the cancellation.
- Enter your reason for cancellation and click submit.
- You will also get the option of rebooking after canceling your ride.
- You can also cancel your booking by sending an email to the Sixt team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Is cancellation possible||Yes|
|In which case a full refund is possible||None(cancellation charge will always be applied)|
|Cancellation charge||Upto $200|
|24 hours booking cancellation||Yes(with cancellation charge)|
Himadri is a travel enthusiast who loves exploring different parts of the world. Over the course of five years, I have been to numerous places, experienced different means of transportation, and stayed at different properties. The details on return and refund policies of different brands provided are based on first-hand experience to help everyone experience a hassle-free booking.