- 1st central provides you with a 14-day grace period in which no cancellation fees will apply in case you cancel the policy.
- In a few cases, you can get a full refund when you cancel your policy.
- You can cancel your 1st central policy by website and phone.
1st Central is a United Kingdom-based car insurance company. The company was set up in 2008 and has become one of the biggest car insurance companies in the UK.
1st Central prioritized its customers and formed a well-defined cancellation and refund policy. Many of us want to cancel our insurance policy for some reason and often wonder how much cancellation charges we have to pay.
This article will look at the 1st Central Cancellation and refund policy. After reading this, you can decide whether you are eligible for a refund or not.
Table of Contents
What is the 1st Central Cancellation Policy?
1st Central charges cancellation fees if you cancel its subscription in most cases. However, just like any other company, 1st Central provides its customers with a grace period of 14 days.
If you cancel your 1st Central policy within 14 days, you will get a full refund minus some charges. However, if you miss this grace period of 14 days, you need to pay a cancellation fee that varies according to the situation.
You don’t have to send a prior notice to 1st Central when you want to cancel their policy. You can follow the below-mentioned steps in the article and opt out of their service.
Let’s see the different types of cancellation charges that you need to pay when you cancel your policy.
1st central cancellation fee depends on several factors. For each case, they have different cancellation fees. Let’s have a look at them.
|Reason for Cancellation
|Policy cancellation due to misinterpretation and non-disclosure
|£75 ($98.44 approx)
|If you cancel your policy due to any reason other than misinterpretation and non-disclosure after 14 days of taking policy
|£50 ($65.63 approx)
|If you cancel within 14 days
|No cancellation fees. You will get a complete refund minus the charges of the policy period covered by 1st Central for you.
1st Central also charges different fees according to other circumstances. Let’s have a look at them.
- 1st Central charges arrangement fees, which are £50 ($65.63). This fee is non-refundable and is included within the total.
- 1st Central amendment fee is £25 ($32.80) (when you amend through your online account). If you make a change through phone or web chat, the fees will be £30 ($39.36).
- In case your policy is amended by 1st Central due to misinterpretation and non-disclosure, then you need to pay £50 ($65.63)
- In case you default on your monthly payment, you need to pay an additional penalty of £15 ($19.68) next time.
What Is 1st Central Refund Policy?
1st central cancellation policy is very straightforward and clear. Let’s have a look at it.
- If you cancel your 1st Central policy within 14 days of purchasing it, then you will get a full refund minus the charge or charges of the policy period covered by 1st Central for you.
In this case, you don’t need to pay the £50 ($65.63 Approx) cancellation fees.
2. If you cancel your 1st Central policy after 14 days, you will get your refund, but 1st Central will charge you cancellation and arrangement fees. After 14 days, no extra option charges are refundable.
3. When you cancel your subscription with 1st Central, it initiates the refund in the card you set up for the policy. If your card is expired, it will send you the amount into your account.
If they don’t have your account information, they will send you a cheque.
|Reason of Cancellation
|Will you get Refund
|In case you are in the 14 days grace period
|In case you have passed the 14 days grace period
|Yes, but a cancellation fee will be charged
You Might Need:- Loganair Cancellation Policy (Guide)
How to cancel 1st Central Policy?
If your renewal date is due within the next 30 days and you don’t want to renew the policy, you can call the 1st Central helpline at 0333 043 2055.
You can head to the 1st insurance website and enter your information to log in to your account for any other policy. From there, you can cancel your policy.
Or you can call 0333 043 2055 to cancel your policy. Opening hours of 1st Central:
Mon – Fri: From 8 am to 8 pm
Sat: From 9 am to 5 pm
Sun: From 10 am to 2 pm
Bank holidays: From 10 am to – 4 pm
|Is cancellation possible?
|In which case is a full refund possible?
|14 days grace period
|Online or via phone
|14 days booking cancellation
Himadri is a travel enthusiast who loves exploring different parts of the world. Over the course of five years, I have been to numerous places, experienced different means of transportation, and stayed at different properties. The details on return and refund policies of different brands provided are based on first-hand experience to help everyone experience a hassle-free booking.