- Wizz Air charges cancellation fees if you cancel the booking.
- A full refund is also possible in some cases.
- Wizz Flex pass can help you to beat the cancellation charges.
- You can cancel booking up to 3 hours before the flight in some cases.
Wizz Air is a Hungary-based low-cost carrier flight service. It provides both domestic as well as international flights.
Wizz Air is known for its flexible policies and outstanding services.
However, in case of an emergency, many people cancel their flights. Like any other airline service, Wizz Air also has some rules and policies regarding ticket cancellation.
Wizz Air charges cancellation fees from passengers in some instances. The cancellation fees vary according to the ticket type and the number of days between cancellation and booking.
In this article, we will look at Wizz Air’s cancellation policy.
Table of Contents
What is the Wizz Air Cancellation Policy?
It is possible to cancel your booking and get a full refund credited into your account. However, Wizz Air will charge cancellation fees according to their rules in most cases.
Wizz Air cancellation fees are dependent upon how early you cancel your flight. If you cancel your flight later, your cancellation fee will be higher.
You need to pay a fee to change your flight date if the need arises. However, Wizz Air has introduced a Wizz Flex scheme where you don’t need to pay any payment to amend your booking. This pass also helps you cancel your booking more comfortably.
Let’s have a look at Wizz Air cancellation rules.
|Days Left to scheduled flight||Cancellation Fees|
|More than 14 days left||€60.00 (USD 65 Approx)|
|Less than 14 days left||€83.00 (USD 90 Approx)|
Wizz Air charges cancellation fees are based on how early you cancel your booking. There are mainly 2 cases of voluntary ticket cancellation and i.e.
- If you cancel your booking when more than 14 days are left, you need to pay €60.00 (USD 65 Approx) per passenger per flight.
- If you cancel your booking when less than 14 days are left, you must pay €83.00 (USD 90 Approx) per passenger per flight.
- If you have a Wizz Flex subscription, you can cancel your ticket booking up to 3 hours before the flight, and no cancellation fees will be charged.
- If you are denied entry into the aircraft, you can cancel your ticket without any cancellation fees.
You Might Need:- Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy
What Is The Wizz Air Refund Policy?
Wizz Air’s refund policy is quite clear regarding refund claims. Here is some of the critical information regarding it.
- After deducting the cancellation fees, Wizz Air will refund you your total fare. The cancellation fee can be €60.00 or €83.00. It all depends on how early you cancel your ticket.
- In the case of the Wizz Flex pass, no cancellation fees will be charged, and the person will get a full refund, including seat protection fees, ticket fares, and other services.
- In case of denied boarding, you are entitled to a full refund.
- In case of an immediate family member’s death, you can submit the proof of death and request a refund. You can submit the claim up to 30 days before the departure. You need to submit the death certificate within seven days after submitting a claim.
|Reason for Refund||Will you get a Refund?|
|Booking canceled when more than 14 days left||Yes, after paying €60.00 cancellation fees|
|Booking canceled when less than 14 days left||Yes, after paying €83.00 cancellation fees|
|Missed the flight||No|
|In case an immediate family member died||Yes|
|In case the airline cancelled your reservation||Yes|
|In case you are denied boarding||Yes|
How to cancel Wizz Air Ticket?
To cancel your Wizz Air booking, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps,
- Go to the Wizz Air website and sign in to your account.
- Select the reservation which you want to cancel.
- Select all the members whose flight you need to cancel.
- Confirm the booking cancellation.
- Pay the cancellation fees, if any.
- If you want to cancel your booking by phone, dial 09 057 070 000.
- Please provide them with a flight confirmation number, passenger details, and flight detail.
In mobile cancellation, an additional €15.00 (USD 16Approx) transactional fee is applied.
|Company Name||Wizz Air|
|Is cancellation Possible||Yes|
|In which case a full refund is possible||Wizz Flex pass and reservation canceled by the airline|
|Cancellation mode||Online and via phone|
|Cancellation charge||€60.00 and €83.00 (How early you cancel)|
|Is your cancellation fee is refundable||No|
Himadri is a travel enthusiast who loves exploring different parts of the world. Over the course of five years, I have been to numerous places, experienced different means of transportation, and stayed at different properties. The details on return and refund policies of different brands provided are based on first-hand experience to help everyone experience a hassle-free booking.