- Booking.com offers you a cancellation policy.
- Booking.com also provides a refund policy.
- To get a refund, you must fulfill certain criteria.
Do you wish to cancel a hotel reservation you made via Booking.com? Then you will be glad to know that they offer a cancellation policy. For various types of bookings, Booking.com has different cancellation policies. It all varies on your hotel’s terms and regulations as well as the sort of pricing you booked. The cancellation rules of various hotels differ.
When you book your vacation on Booking.com, the cancellation alternatives will be displayed, as well as in the confirmation email you receive after booking. If your booking is marked as “non-refundable,” you will not be able to cancel or alter it.
In a nutshell, you can cancel your reservation on Booking.com at any moment before you get there. On the other hand, a refund is subject to a variety of factors. So, let’s learn everything there is to know about Booking.com’s cancellation policy and how to cancel a Booking.com reservation.
Table of Contents
Is Cancellation Possible at Booking.com?
Yes, you can cancel your reservation on Booking.com. Booking.com allows you to book hotels in over 70 different countries. If you need to cancel your reservation, you can do so on Booking.com.
The refund is subject to various criteria.
Booking.com Cancellation Eligibility
You can terminate your hotel reservation on Booking.com at any moment before your arrival. There are refundable and non-refundable reservations available. Booking.com also provides a free cancellation time for hotel reservations.
- You will not be charged a cancellation fee if you cancel a reservation within the “Free-cancellation” period.
- If your hotel does not have a no-cost cancellation policy, you will certainly be charged a price.
- The hotel sets the cancellation fees. Booking.com will not offer a liberal cancellation policy if your hotel does not offer free cancellation.
Is Refund Possible at Booking.com?
Yes, a full refund is possible at Booking.com. But certain criteria must be fulfilled to get a refund.
Refund Eligibility of Booking.com
The “free-cancellation” policy of Booking.com is a welcome relief for any reservation that you may need to cancel afterward. According to the cancellation policy, you can get a full refund if you cancel during the free cancellation period.
If you do not cancel your reservation within that given timeframe, you will be fined a cancellation fee or the total amount of your reservation. You may or may not be eligible for a refund in that scenario.
In addition, non-refundable rooms will not be refunded.
Booking.com Cancellation Fee
Booking.com will not charge you any fees. The property is responsible for any cancellation fees incurred during the cancellation procedure.
How to Cancel Your Booking with Booking.com
Canceling a reservation on Booking.com is a simple and uncomplicated process. Booking.com has a website and a mobile application to book a hotel. To cancel a reservation, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Visit the “Bookings” section on the website or the app.
- Step 2: You’ll find a list of your recent bookings there.
- Step 3: Tap on the latest booking and open the “Manage My Booking” section.
- Step 4: Click on “manage my booking,” and you will find two options: Change Dates or “Cancellation Options.”
- Step 5: Select the “cancellation option” to cancel the entire reservation.
You will not be charged a cancellation fee if you cancel your reservation within the free-cancellation period. Of course, you’ll need to choose a property with the “free-cancellation” choice to do so.
|Is Cancellation Possible?||Yes|
|Booking.com Cancellation Eligibility||Under any situations prior to arrival at the hotel|
|Refund Eligibility||Cancellations within a free-cancellation period only with hotels listed for free cancellation|
|Cancellation Charges||The hotel charges cancellation fees|
- Just Park Cancellation Policy
- Simply Business Cancellation policy
- Rydale Return Policy
- Cernucci Return Policy
Himadri is a travel enthusiast who loves exploring different parts of the world. Over the course of five years, I have been to numerous places, experienced different means of transportation, and stayed at different properties. The details on return and refund policies of different brands provided are based on first-hand experience to help everyone experience a hassle-free booking.