- Ryanair offers a free cancellation policy.
- They also offer a refund policy.
- To get a full you must fulfill some criteria.
Do you wish to cancel the flights you made via Ryanair? Then you will be glad to know that Dublin-based airlines Ryanair offer a flexible cancellation policy.
If you cancel within 24 hours, you can claim a full refund on the flight tickets. Also, Ryanair’s cancellations policy is only eligible on the flights booked via Ryanair’s online portal, over the phone, or at the ticket counter.
In a nutshell, you can cancel your reservation with Ryanair at least 2.5 hours before the scheduled departure. On the other hand, a refund depends on a variety of factors. So, let’s learn everything about Ryanair’s cancellation policy and how to cancel a Ryanair reservation.
Table of Contents
Is Cancellation Possible at Ryanair?
Yes, you can cancel your flights at Ryanair. Ryanair allows you to cancel your flights only if you book through their portal.
Ryanair Cancellation Eligibility
- You can terminate your flight reservation on Ryanair before 2.5 hours of departure. Ryanair cancellation policy would be applied to refundable as well as non-refundable fares. Ryanair also provides a free cancellation time for flight reservations.
- You will not be charged a cancellation fee if you cancel your flight within 24 hours.
- Ryanair only offers 24 hours cancellation to all flights originating from the USA and Canada.
- Ryanair’s 24 hours free cancellation policy would not apply to group flights and are subject to group fare rules.
Is Refund Possible Ryanair?
Yes, a 100% refund is possible at Ryanair. But yes, some criteria must be fulfilled to get a refund.
Refund Eligibility of Ryanair
- Ryanair’s “free-cancellation” policy is a relief for any flight booking that you may need to cancel afterward. According to the cancellation policy, you can get a 100% refund if you cancel during the free cancellation period within 24 hours.
- According to the Ryanair flight refund policy, the refund would be processed back in 7-10 working days to the original payment method.
- If you do not board the booked flight, the airfare, taxes, fees, and other charges are non-refundable.
- If the refund amount is less than the applicable administration fee, you will not receive a refund.
- If you have been devastated by the death of a close family member within 28 days of your scheduled flight date and do not desire to fly, Ryanair may be able to grant a full refund if you apply.
Ryanair Cancellation Fee
- If you cancel within 24 hours, you will not be charged a cancellation fee.
- Travelers can terminate their flights at least 2.5 hours ahead of the scheduled flight by depositing a $25 ticket cancellation charge to receive a full refund, including government taxes and airport fees.
- Government tax refunds are subject to an administration fee of £17/€20.
- Passengers can recover government taxes and airport fees up to one month after their trip.
How to Cancel Your Booking with Ryanair
Canceling your flight tickets on Ryanair is an easy and uncomplicated process. To cancel a flight booking, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Visit the “Bookings” section on the website.
- Step 2: You’ll find a list of your recent bookings there.
- Step 3: Tap on the latest booking and open the “Manage My Booking” section.
- Step 4: Click on “manage my booking,” and you will find two options: Change Dates or “Cancellation Options.”
- Step 5: Select the “cancellation option” to cancel your choice of flight.
You will not be charged a cancellation fee if you cancel your flights within the free-cancellation period, which is 24 hours.
|Is Cancellation Possible?||Yes|
|Ryanair Cancellation Eligibility||Before 2.5 hours of your departure|
|Refund Eligibility||100% refund if only canceled within 24 hours|
|Cancellation Charges||$25 ticket cancellation charge|
Himadri is a travel enthusiast who loves exploring different parts of the world. Over the course of five years, I have been to numerous places, experienced different means of transportation, and stayed at different properties. The details on return and refund policies of different brands provided are based on first-hand experience to help everyone experience a hassle-free booking.