- You can purchase the “Cancellation Protection” scheme to get a full refund in case you are ill and not able to board the flight.
- You can get a full refund if you cancel within 24 hours of booking.
- Norwegian Airways offers three types of tickets. The cancellation policy for each is different.
Norwegian Airways is the largest airline in Norway. Norwegian Airways follows the policy of customer flexibility. According to them, customers should be comfortable while making choices.
Tickets cancellation is not a new phenomenon in the airline industry. Each day, thousands of people cancel their tickets for some urgent reason or the other. The same phenomenon happens with Norwegian airlines too.
To tackle cancellation queries, Norwegian Airways created a cancellation and refund policy. The policy is designed while keeping customer satisfaction in mind.
Let’s have a look at Norwegian Airlines’ cancellation and refund policy.
Table of Contents
What is the Norwegian Airways Cancellation Policy?
You can get a full refund if you cancel your Norwegian Airways ticket. However, to get a full refund, there are specific rules and conditions to which you must adhere.
Norwegian Airways have three types of tickets, i.e.,
Each ticket type has a different price and a different cancellation policy.
Norwegian Airways also follows the 24 hours grace period, where if you cancel your ticket, you will get a full refund. It doesn’t matter which type of ticket you have, you will get a full refund.
Let’s look at the cancellation policy of Norwegian Airways in more detail.
If you are looking to save your booking amount, you should try to cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking the ticket. If you miss the 24 hours grace period and your ticket is non-refundable, the airline will charge your ticket price as cancellation fees.
For Low-fare and Low-fare+ tickets, you do not need to cancel your tickets. Both of these tickets are non-cancellable. If you cancel them, the Airline will charge ticket costs as cancellation fees.
In case of refundable tickets like Flex, you can get a refund. However, a cancellation fee may apply. The cancellation fee ranges from £65($85.24) to £110($144.24).
You can purchase Norwegian Airways’ “Cancellation Protection” scheme. This scheme makes sure that you can cancel your ticket up to 30 minutes before the flight if you are ill or any immediate family member dies. It costs £12($15.74) to purchase his scheme.
What Is The Lufthansa Refund Policy?
Norwegian Airways’ refund policy is quite clear regarding refund claims. Here is some of the critical information regarding it. Under these circumstances, you will get a refund.
- In case you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking. You will get a full refund no matter which type of ticket you have.
- If Norwegian Airways cancels your flight, you are eligible for a full refund if you don’t wish to reschedule.
- If your Norwegian Airways flight is delayed by more than 5 hours, you can approach the Airline for a full refund.
- If you hold the flex ticket, you are eligible for a full refund.
- If you have a “Cancellation Protection” scheme and fall ill, then you can cancel your flight up to 30 minutes before your flight. In this case, you will get a full refund from Norwegian Airlines.
- If an immediate family member of a passenger dies, you can apply for a full refund.
- If the flight is canceled due to an extraordinary event, you can apply for a full refund.
If you have a non-refundable ticket (Low-fare and Low-Fare+), you can only apply for a refund of your taxes.
It usually takes 7 -10 days for your refund to get processed.
|Reason for Refund||Will you get a Refund?|
|If canceled within 24 hours of booking||Yes|
|If you have a cancellation protection scheme||Yes|
|Missed the flight||No|
|In case an immediate family member died||Yes|
|In case of airline cancel your reservation||Yes|
|In case you are denied boarding||Yes|
How to cancel a Norwegian Airways ticket?
To cancel your Norwegian Airways ticket, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps,
- Go to the Norwegian Airways Website and sign in to your account.
- Go to the Manage My Booking section.
- Select the reservation which you want to cancel.
- Select all the members whose flight you need to cancel.
- Confirm the booking cancellation.
- Pay the cancellation fees, if any.
- The refundable amount will automatically be credited back to your account within a few days.
|Company Name||Norwegian Airways|
|Is cancellation possible?||Yes|
|In which case is a full refund possible?||24 hours cancellation policy and In case of refundable ticket|
|Cancellation charge||Depends on the situation|
|Is your cancellation fee refundable?||No|
Himadri is a travel enthusiast who loves exploring different parts of the world. Over the course of five years, I have been to numerous places, experienced different means of transportation, and stayed at different properties. The details on return and refund policies of different brands provided are based on first-hand experience to help everyone experience a hassle-free booking.