- Goods that prove unsuitable may be returned for a refund if they are returned to them within 30 days from the receipt date
- Goods returned after 30 days may be accepted but a credit note voucher will be given in lieu of a direct refund.
- For refunds please allow 14 days for any refunds to show in your account.
Established in 1993 by John Moss, Merlin Cycles are one of the longest-running online bike stores in the UK. From an original concentration on the UK mountain bike market, recent years has seen the company switch to catering equally to the increasing road cycling market.
Since the company is today huge, it caters to a wider customer base. This also brings in some refunds and return requests daily. To help their customers deal with these requests easily, Merlin Cycles have created the Merlin Cycles Returns Policy.
Here is what the policy is all about.
Table of Contents
What is the Merlin Cycles Return Policy?
Unwanted and exchanged items
- Goods that prove unsuitable may be returned for a refund if they are returned to them within 30 days from the receipt date.
- In order to avoid disappointment due to fast-moving stock levels, they no longer offer exchanges on orders.
- If you require an alternative item in a different size/color etc simply reorder the item, you require and return the unused item for a refund.
- Any items that are found to have been worn or fitted to a bike etc will not be accepted for refund and will be returned back to you.
- They are unable to cover or refund postage costs.
- Goods should be returned unused (and not having been fitted to a bike etc) and in the as-sold condition in original packaging.
- Items need to be wrapped or boxed up. Please do not directly stick labels or write on the item or the item’s original packaging.
- Goods returned after 30 days may be accepted but a credit note voucher will be given in lieu of a direct refund. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Please include a copy of your receipt and a covering letter explaining your returned item(s). For your protection, please keep your proof of posting.
Returning goods from outside the EU? If you are returning goods from the USA, Japan, Australia etc. please note the following requirements.
On form CN22/CN23, you must state RETURNED GOODS – FAILED SALE, and put ZERO as the value in the package value box. Failure to do so will result in the parcel getting delayed in customs and being returned. Please do not use FedEX or DHL as they always apply extra charges.
Overseas and International Exchanges
- Due to overseas return postage and duty charges they are unable to process exchanges for returned items from outside the UK. Please reorder as required and return the unwanted item for a refund.
- If sending goods back from outside of the EU you must mark them “Returned Goods – Failed Sale”. Failure to do so may lead to the parcel being returned to you. Do not put any value in the “Customs Value” box as this will lead to the parcel being returned to you.
Use this form to generate your return – https://www.merlincycles.com/assets/pdf/merlinCyclesReturnsForm.pdf
They will contact you when they have actioned your return explaining what they have done in regards to your request, be it a refund or waiting for warranty inspection/repair. For refunds please allow 14 days for any refunds to show in your account.
- If you have an item that you need to return to them due to a fault within its warranty period please contact them first as they may be able to offer advice over the telephone or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If in the event you need to post an item back please include a copy of your receipt together with full details of the problem so as to help them with a speedy return.
- Please note some items may need to be returned to the UK manufacturer/distributor for inspection/repair.
- Goods must be returned in a clean condition.
- They are unable to refund postage costs.
- If the goods are found to be out of warranty they will try to work with you to find the best possible solution.
Advise if your Return is Urgent
If you have purchased something that is not the right size, model, or color and you require a replacement quickly, the best solution is to purchase the correct item from them and then return the incorrect item to them with a note asking for a full refund.
Address for Returns
Please return your goods with the completed returns form to the following address:
Merlin Cycles Ltd
A4 Buckshaw Link
|Company Name||Merlin Cycles|
|Is return possible?||Yes|
|In which case a full refund is possible||In case of faulty and damaged product|
|Return Mode||By Post and International Return|
|Return charge||Borne by the Customer|
|Is your delivery refundable?||Yes(In some cases)|
Himadri is a travel enthusiast who loves exploring different parts of the world. Over the course of five years, I have been to numerous places, experienced different means of transportation, and stayed at different properties. The details on return and refund policies of different brands provided are based on first-hand experience to help everyone experience a hassle-free booking.