- Full refund on cancellation before 91 days.
- Booking transfer free of cost.
- Cancellation charges are applicable based on the conditions.
- No partial refund is available.
P&O is a luxury cruise line which is based in Southampton in Britain. It has the oldest heritage cruise network globally and started its initial passenger operations in the year 1937.
Like other cruise lines across the globe, P&O has also devised their cancellation policy. Most of the customers tend to inquire about the cruise’s cancellation policy.
In this article, we will learn about the cancellation policy of P&O cruises and see whether the customers are eligible for a partial or a full refund.
Table of Contents
What is the P&O cancellation policy?
It is pretty standard for you to cancel your P&O cruise tickets and request a refund. Like other cruise lines around the world, P&O also has a cancellation policy based on several terms and conditions.
P&O offers different deals to its customers depending on their requirements. Each agreement has different pricing based on the package tour and its comfort. You can cancel your ticket until six days before the cruise’s departure.
The cruise line charges different rates for the cancellation of tickets. In case of early cancellation, you receive the entire cashback, and the cashback percentage gradually lessens if you delay your cancellation.
The cancellation policy is based on the number of days before you cancel your ticket. The earlier you cancel your cruise ticket, the more significant the amount you will get a refund. Let us look into the cancellation policy based on the days you cancel your booking.
- In case of cancellation 91 days before the date of departure, you will get your entire deposit as a refund.
- If you cancel your ticket between 90 days to 57 days before the departure of your cruise, 50% of your cruise fare is going to be deducted from your original food.
- In case of cancellation 56 days to 42 days before the cruise’s departure, 60% of your initial deposit will be deducted as a cancellation charge.
- In case of cancellation between 41 days to 16 days from the date of journey, P&O will deduct 75% of your deposit in the form of cancellation charges.
- For cancellation 15 days to 6 days from the date of journey, 90% of your amount will be deducted.
- If you wish to cancel your ticket six days before the date of your departure, your entire deposit amount is going to be deducted as cancellation charges.
- The cruise board allows you to change your ticket to another date or other cruise ship for free.
|Time before which customer must cancel their tickets.||Cancellation Charges.|
|91 days before departure.||No charges.|
|90 Days to 57 Days||50%|
|56 Days to 42 Days||60%|
|41 Days to 16 Days||75%|
|15 Days to 6 Days||90%|
|Less than 6 Days.||100%|
How to Cancel the P&O Cruise Tickets?
You need to follow the mentioned steps for cancelling your P&O cruise tickets.
- Visit the official website of P&O cruises.
- Click on the “Manage Booking” section.
- Enter your email id and log into your account.
- Select the ticket you chose to cancel and press confirm.
- You will receive your refund on your wallet based on the cancellation policy.
|Name of the Company||P&O Cruises.|
|Is cancellation possible?||Yes|
|Mode of Cancellation||Online|
|Full Refund Possibility||91 days before the date of departure.|
|Is cancellation charge levied?||Yes. Upto 100% based on the policy.|
|Transferring date of journey possible?||Yes.|
|Any charge required for transfer?||No.|
Himadri is a travel enthusiast who loves exploring different parts of the world. Over the course of five years, I have been to numerous places, experienced different means of transportation, and stayed at different properties. The details on return and refund policies of different brands provided are based on first-hand experience to help everyone experience a hassle-free booking.