- Full refund is possible in Eurostar in some cases.
- Tickets amendment is possible after paying a certain amount of fees.
- Certain tickets are non-refundable and you won’t get anything after canceling them.
Eurostar is one of the best high-speed railways network present in Europe. However, there are many instances where you might need to cancel your booking. It can be due to some urgent work, government guidelines, or a number of reasons.
In that unfortunate case, most of us want to know about the company’s cancellation policy. Eurostar cancellation policy is there to help you in these types of cases.
However, not everyone gets a full refund for their tickets. There are specific rules that we must know to get our full refund. We will discuss the Eurostar cancellation policy in the below article.
Table of Contents
What is the Eurostar Cancellation policy?
Euro-star offers three types of tickets, i.e.,
- Standard Premier
- Business Premier
As stated on the company’s official website, Standard and Standard’s Premier tickets are non-refundable. So you will not get any money back after canceling them.
However, you can easily change your tickets before the scheduled departure date.
If you reschedule your ticket seven days before the departure date, then you don’t need to pay exchange fees. If you change your journey date within seven days, you need to pay €40 (USD 44 Approx) for a standard ticket and €50 (USD 53 Approx) for a standard premier ticket.
There are a few cases where cancellation is possible.
- In the case of the Business Premier ticket, you can cancel your ticket anytime before the journey. There will be no additional charge.
- In case of train cancellation, your ticket will automatically get canceled.
However, you should remember that you can cancel the ticket in the case of Standard and Standard Premier, but it will be useless as these two tickets are non-refundable.
Also Read:- Just Park Cancellation Policy
What Is The Eurostar Refund Policy?
You can only get a full refund in two cases. In the case of the Business Premier ticket, you are entitled to a full refund within sixty days from the date of departure.
In the second case, you will get a full refund only if the train got canceled. In the case of Standard and Standard Premier, you will not get any refund as they are non-refundable tickets.
|Reason for Refund||Will you get a Refund?|
|In case of Standard Ticket||No|
|In case of Standard Premier Ticket||No|
|In case of Business Premier Ticket||Yes|
|In case, the train gets canceled||Yes|
|In case you missed the train due to any reason||Only if you have a Business Premier ticket|
How to cancel Eurostar Ticket?
To cancel your Eurostar Ticket (Business Premier Ticket only), you need to follow provided steps:
- Go to eurostar.com
- Head towards the “Manage Booking” section.
- You need to provide your six-letter booking reference and your last name to log in.
- Then select the “Change the journey” section button. After completing all formalities, Eurostar will refund your total amount to your account. The amount will appear in your account within five days.
- In case of phone booking or station booking, you need to email Eurostar or call them on the provided number.
“03432186186/+44(0)1233617575” (If outside the UK).
|✍️ Note- Eurostar Mentions that “Ticket for journeys between Lille and Brussels are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.”|
|Is cancellation possible?||Yes|
|In which case a full refund is possible||Business Premier Ticket|
|Cancellation mode||Online and via Phone|
|Refund eligibility||Upto to 60 days after departure|
|Non-Refundable tickets||Standard and Standard Premier Tickets|
Himadri is a travel enthusiast who loves exploring different parts of the world. Over the course of five years, I have been to numerous places, experienced different means of transportation, and stayed at different properties. The details on return and refund policies of different brands provided are based on first-hand experience to help everyone experience a hassle-free booking.