- Yes, Esure provides a cancellation policy.
- It also offers a refund policy but with some criteria.
Do you know that Esure is an England-based insurance company? It offers you different insurance policies in one place: car insurance, home insurance, multicar insurance, travel, electric car, and host insurance. Isn’t it great? It is one of the leading insurers in the UK.
But do you want to cancel your insurance policy with Esure? If yes, you would be glad to know that Esure offers a free cancellation policy with 14 days cooling period.
You can also receive a refund for any insurance policies if you have not claimed in the cooling period of 14 days.
Let’s understand the Esure cancellation policy in detail.
Table of Contents
Is Cancellation Possible at Esure?
Yes, at Esure, you can cancel your insurance policy at any time within the 14 days of the cooling period from the beginning of the policy.
Cancellation Eligibility at Esure
- Your policy’s cooling-off duration is 14 days from its commencement date or renewal date.
- There is no cancellation fee to pay if you cancel your policy within the cooling-off period following your renewal date, and you will be qualified for a refund of any premium if you have not claimed during this time.
- If you have recently purchased your policy and feel it is not suitable for you, you may be charged an administration fee if you cancel it within the cooling-off period.
- If you pay for your automobile insurance every month, you’ll have to pay for the remaining of the policy when you cancel.
- Please don’t put it off until the last minute. You must notify Esure at least five days before the end of your contract if you wish to terminate it. Otherwise, your policy will be automatically renewed, leaving you out of money.
Is Refund Possible at Esure?
Yes, a refund is possible at Esure. But some criteria are there which must be fulfilled to get a full refund.
Refund Eligibility at Esure
- When you cancel a car insurance policy, you’ll usually have to pay a fee. The fee depends on the insurance company. It also depends on whether you’re still in your cooling-off period.
- If you purchased for the entire year in advance, you’d have the rest of your policy refunded. However, Esure will deduct a portion of your refund to pay your current insurance. On top of that, they’ll cost you a cancellation fee.
- You’ll get a full refund if you cancel your breakdown cover within the 14-day cooling-off time as soon as you haven’t claimed it yet.
- If you cancel after the 14-day cooling-off period, you’ll get a refund, excluding a fee for the duration you were covered.
- During the 14-day cooling-off period, you will receive a refund if you cancel any other extra features. So long as you haven’t made a claim.
- If you cancel after the 14-day cooling-off period, you will not receive a refund on your extra features.
Cancellation Fees at Esure
Yes, Esure charge a cancelation fee.
If you cancel your Esure policy within the 14-day cooling-off period, you will receive a refund of your payments, less a fee for the time you were insured.
In addition, you will be charged a £26 cancellation fee.
The cancellation cost increases to £60 if you cancel after the 14-day cooling-off period.
The following is the current charge schedule that applies to your policy:
|Motor Transaction type||Fee|
|If you cancel your policy within the 14 days cooling-off period of the first period of your cover||£26 ($34 Approx)|
|If you cancel your policy during your first period of cover but after the 14 days cooling-off period||£60|
|If you or we cancel your policy in subsequent periods of cover||£35|
|For changes relating to your policy or payment details or additional administration of your policy||£26|
|For a credit reference or unpaid / rejected Direct Debit||£26|
How to Cancel Your Esure Policy?
Just by a call, you can cancel your insurance policy. To know how to cancel Esure policy, keep reading the steps below:
- Step 1:Call customer care at 0345 606 1374.
- Step 2: Inquire about speaking with a professional.
- Step 3: Give them your auto insurance policy number and contact information.
- Step 4: Request that your policy and regular payments be canceled.
- Step 5: Request for refund.
|Is Cancellation Possible?||Yes|
|Cancellation Mode||Online or telephone|
|Cancellation Eligibility||any time within the 14 days of the cooling period from the beginning of the policy|
|Refund Eligibility||Within the 14 days of the cooling period from the beginning of the policy|
|Cancellation Charges||£26 – £60|
- Liberty Returns Policy
- Brastop Returns Policy
- AMARA Returns and Refund Policy
- Return Louis Vuitton Product
Himadri is a travel enthusiast who loves exploring different parts of the world. Over the course of five years, I have been to numerous places, experienced different means of transportation, and stayed at different properties. The details on return and refund policies of different brands provided are based on first-hand experience to help everyone experience a hassle-free booking.