- KLM Airlines will refund you the full amount in case your intercontinental flight is delayed by 3 hours or more.
- You can get a full refund within 24 hours of booking if you booked to/from the United States.
- You need to pay cancellation fees in most cases if you cancel your flight.
KLM or The Royal Dutch airline, is known for its unparalleled customer service and flying quality. The KLM airline cancellation and refund policy is pretty straightforward, like any other European national carrier.
Sometimes we need to cancel our flight tickets due to urgent reasons. We often wonder how much refund we will get if we cancel our flight. The refund amount largely depends on certain factors.
In this article, we will take a look at the KLM Airlines cancellation and refund policy. After going through this blog, you can decide whether you are eligible for a refund or not.
Table of Contents
What is the KLM Cancellation Policy?
A full refund is undoubtedly possible in some cases. KLM airline cancellation and refund policy are pretty clear on it. However, in most cases, KLM charges cancellation fees that vary according to the situation.
KLM also follows the 24 hours cancellation rule where if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking, you will get a full refund.
If you have a Flexi ticket, you can either reschedule your flight or get a refund after paying cancellation fees. The same doesn’t apply to “Light tickets,” which are affordable.
KLM cancellation policy is quite clear. The airline has made it clear that cancellation charges will apply in some instances. Let’s have a look at these regulations,
- KLM Airlines’ 24 hours cancellation rule states that when you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket, you are entitled to a full refund.
- This 24 hours rule applies when you book your flight to or from the US only.
- If you purchase a refundable ticket, you will receive a refund minus cancellation fees.
- In the case of a non-refundable booking, you will only receive your taxes back.
- According to the situation and the ticket type, KLM airline cancellation fees vary from $100 to $400.
- You won’t be charged cancellation fees in case of ticket cancellation from the airline’s side or due to an extraordinary event.
What is the KLM Refund Policy?
Now let’s discuss the KLM refund policy. If your KLM flight is canceled due to any of the below-mentioned reasons, then you are eligible for a full refund.
- In case your KLM flight is canceled.
- You purchased a ticket from KLM’s official website to/from the United States. In this case, you will get a full refund if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking.
- KLM reschedules your flight.
- In the case where you have a fully flexible ticket.
- You canceled as your Europe-bound flight is delayed more than 90 days, and other flights are booked on the same day.
- In case the passenger or their immediate family member died.
- If your intercontinental flight is delayed by more than 3 hours.
- In case your Visa is denied.
- In any other extraordinary event.
If you fall under any of the listed reasons, you can request a full refund.
When you submit a request for a refund, it will usually take 2 to 4 weeks for your refund to process. Even if you have a non-refundable ticket, you should apply for a refund as you can get your unused airport taxes back.
KLM has a more lenient policy for refunds for flexi, business class, and first class tickets. In most cases, you are not required to pay any cancellation fees.
|Reason of Cancellation||Will you get Refund|
|You missed the flight||No|
|Your intercontinental flight is delayed by more then 3 hours||Yes|
|In case you have a non-refundable ticket||No (Only taxes)|
|In case you have Flexi ticket||Yes|
|In case flight get canceled||Yes|
|In case passenger or their immediate family member died||Yes|
|In case your flight is rescheduled||Yes|
How to cancel a KLM Ticket?
To cancel your KLM flight booking, you need to follow below mentioned steps:
- Head to the KLM airline cancellation page from any web browser.
- Enter your Booking code and Last name in the dialogue box.
- Your booking section will open, and you need to select the flight you need to cancel.
- Select those flights.
- Click on the cancel option and confirm your selection.
- Pay the cancellation charge is applied in your case.
- Confirm your choice and submit the request.
- You will get the cancellation mail.
- You should also apply for a refund on the website.
- Your refund request will take 2 to 4 weeks to process.
- You can also call the KLM reservation executive by dialing +31 20 474 7747. Please provide them with your booking code and surname.
- Pay your cancellation fees, if any.
- Select your refund option. You can either get your refund into your account or get a voucher.
- Confirm your choice, and you are good to go.
|Is cancellation Possible?||Yes|
|In which case is a full refund possible?||In many reasons. Reasons are stated above.|
|Cancellation mode||Online and Via phone|
|Cancellation charge||$100 to $400|
|24 hours booking cancellation||Yes|
Himadri is a travel enthusiast who loves exploring different parts of the world. Over the course of five years, I have been to numerous places, experienced different means of transportation, and stayed at different properties. The details on return and refund policies of different brands provided are based on first-hand experience to help everyone experience a hassle-free booking.