- Lufthansa airline will not provide you refund in case you become seriously ill. However, you can change dates without any additional cost.
- Lufthansa charges cancellation fees if you cancel your ticket after a 24 hours grace window.
- In case your flight is missed, your whole amount will be refunded back to you.
Lufthansa Airline is the flag carrier of Germany. It is the largest Airline in Germany. Lufthansa is known for its excellent service and comfort.
Just like any other large airline, Lufthansa’s Cancellation and Refund policy is quite clear when it comes to queries regarding refund and cancellation fees. Due to urgent work, most of us need to cancel our tickets, so we should know the correct cancellation procedure.
This article will deal with the Lufthansa Airline’s cancellation policy in detail. Let’s start.
Table of Contents
What is the Lufthansa Airline Cancellation policy?
You can surely get a full refund if you cancel your Lufthansa ticket. However, specific rules and regulations are there that you need to fulfill to get a full refund.
Most of the time, you need to pay cancellation fees, which vary according to the situation and fare type. Lufthansa offers specific options that can reduce your cancellation fees.
Lufthansa also follows the 24 hour grace period. If you cancel your Lufthansa ticket within 24 hours of booking and you have a minimum of 7 days left from the flight, you will get a full refund.
Let’s look at Lufthansa’s cancellation policies in more detail.
If you want to save your money and don’t want to pay any cancellation fees, then you should cancel your ticket in the 24-hour booking window itself. If you cancel your Lufthansa ticket within 24 hours of booking and a minimum of 7 days are left before the flight, then you don’t need to pay any cancellation fees.
If you want to cancel your ticket after 24 hours, then be ready to pay the cancellation fees during the cancellation process. Cancellation fees in Lufthansa vary according to the type of fare and situation.
Normally Lufthansa charges $200 as cancellation fees. But you can choose to secure your fare option while booking your ticket. You only need to pay $60 as cancellation fees by doing this.
If case you have an award ticket, then the cancellation fee will be $60.
If case you have a non-refundable ticket, you will not get any refund from the airline. So always try to cancel it within 24 hours.
What Is The Lufthansa Refund Policy?
Lufthansa’s refund policy is quite clear regarding refund claims. Here is some of the critical information regarding it. Under these circumstances, you will get a refund.
- If you cancel your Lufthansa airline ticket within 24 hours of reservation, a minimum of 7 days remain before the flight. In this case, you are eligible for a full refund, no matter what type of ticket you have.
- Flights canceled by Lufthansa airline. In this case, you will get a full refund.
- Flight delays by Lufthansa airline qualify for a full refund if the flight is delayed by:
- More than two hours if triggered by an irregularity more than one day before departure.
- More than five hours if triggered by an irregularity on the day of departure.
- If you have a refundable ticket, you are qualified for a refund.
- Flights and trips affected by COVID-19 are fully refundable.
- If you are denied boarding the aircraft, even after confirming the reservation, you are eligible for a full refund.
- Flight cancellation due to an extraordinary event that prevents passengers from boarding the flight will make you eligible for a full refund.
Lufthansa will charge you a cancellation fee if you cancel the ticket in any other remaining scenario.
If you are seriously ill or any of your immediate family member dies, you can change your flight date without any cancellation fees. However, you cannot cancel the ticket without cancellation fees.
In case of a partially unused ticket, the remaining amount will be credited back to your account.
You Might Need:- Brittany Ferries Cancellation Policy
|Reason for Refund||Will you get a Refund?|
|If the days left to flight are more than 7 days||Yes, but only if you cancel it in 24 hours|
|If the days left to flight are less than 7 days||No|
|Missed the flight||No|
|In case an immediate family member died||No|
|In case airline cancels your reservation||Yes|
|In case you are denied boarding||Yes|
How to cancel a Lufthansa Airline Ticket?
To cancel your Lufthansa ticket, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Lufthansa website and sign in to your account.
- Select the reservation that you want to cancel.
- Select all the members whose flight you need to cancel.
- Confirm the booking cancellation.
- Pay the cancellation fees, if any.
- If you want to cancel your booking by phone, dial 1 860 590 8822.
- Please provide them with a flight confirmation number, passenger details, and flight detail.
- The refundable amount will automatically be credited back to your account within a few days.
If you paid your ticket by credit card, then it will take seven days for a refund, and if you paid by cash or cheque, it will take approximately 20 days.
|Company Name||Lufthansa Airline|
|Is cancellation possible?||Yes|
|In which case is a full refund possible?||In multiple cases|
|Cancellation mode||Online and Via phone|
|Is your cancellation fee is refundable||No|
Himadri is a travel enthusiast who loves exploring different parts of the world. Over the course of five years, I have been to numerous places, experienced different means of transportation, and stayed at different properties. The details on return and refund policies of different brands provided are based on first-hand experience to help everyone experience a hassle-free booking.