- Airbnb offers a free cancellation policy.
- Airbnb also offers a refund policy.
- To get a refund you must fulfill their criteria.
Isn’t it fascinating that Airbnb is an American corporation that runs an online accommodation market, mainly homestays for rental homes and tourist facilities?
Do you wish to cancel your booking with Airbnb? If this is the case, you’ll be relieved to find that Airbnb enables you to cancel bookings within 24 hours. While getting a refund may be tricky though not impossible. You have to fulfill some criteria.
The most popular choice is the moderate cancellation policy. Airbnb hosts are less prone to cancellations if they follow a reasonable approach. A complete refund of the fees will be given if the cancellation is made at least five days prior to check-in.
If a guest cancels their reservation within five days of the start date, they will be charged for the first night’s stay and the Airbnb service charge. Moreover, only half of the reservation fees will be recovered. If a guest cancels after checking in, they will receive a 50% refund for the leftover nights in the stay.
Let’s discuss the cancellation policy further.
Table of Contents
Is Cancellation Possible at Airbnb?
Yes, you can cancel your Airbnb reservation at any time before 24 hours.
Cancellation Eligibility of Airbnb
- For guests, the Airbnb Flexible Cancellation Policy is the most accommodating alternative. Guests who cancel a reservation at least 24 hours before check-in are eligible for a full refund under this policy.
- If a tourist cancels a booking less than 24 hours prior to check-in, the first night’s stay, as well as the Airbnb service charge, must be paid.
- If the tourist decides to cancel his or her vacation after arrival, the leftover nights of the booking will be refunded in full.
- Airbnb’s lengthy cancellation policy applies to any reservations of 28 nights or more. Travelers must terminate 30 days’ notice to obtain a full refund. In a cancellation, the guest is responsible for the first month’s reservation fee.
- The Super Strict 60-Day Cancellation Policy works on the same principle as the Super Strict 30-Day Cancellation Policy. The only exception is that the client needs cancel at least 60 days prior to check-in to obtain a 50% accommodation charge refund.
- A refund is not available if a tourist cancels after reaching or less than 60 days prior to check-in.
Is Refund Possible at Airbnb?
Yes, you can seek a refund from Airbnb. However, it would be best to meet specific criteria to claim a full refund.
Refund Eligibility of Airbnb
- Travelers who cancel within 48 hours after reservation and at least 14 days before a listing’s check-in date are eligible for a full refund under Airbnb’s strict cancellation policy.
- Irrespective of how far out the check-in time is, the tourist is only eligible for a 50% refund if the cancellation is made within 48 hours.
- If the cancellation is made nearly seven days before the booking date, a 50% refund will be issued. Additionally, they will receive a refund for the cleaning price, but not the service fee. If a guest cancels fewer than seven days before their arrival date, there will be no refund.
Airbnb Cancellation Fee:
If you cancel a booking more than seven days before the guest’s arrival, Airbnb will charge $50 from your next payment. If you cancel fewer than seven days before your scheduled check-in, you will be charged $100 by Airbnb. You will not be fined a cancellation fee if you have made nearly ten consecutive appointments without canceling.
How to Cancel Your Airbnb Booking?
Let’s say you’ve booked Airbnb hotels but have to cancel them owing to a compelling requirement. Airbnb cancellations are simple to complete online. You must have your Airbnb confirmation number ready to show to them to begin the cancellation process. After you’ve completed the Airbnb cancellation procedure, you’ll be advised of your refund options.
- Firstly you must go to ‘Trips‘ and choose the trip you want to cancel.
- Then click ‘Show more trip plans,’ then click ‘Show details.’
- Then click the ‘Change or cancel’ button.
- Finally, click ‘Cancel booking.’
|Is Cancellation Possible?||Yes|
|Airbnb Cancellation Eligibility||Within 24 hours of booking|
|Airbnb Refund Eligibility||100% refund if canceled 14 days before check-in|
|Cancellation Charges||Charges are between $50 to $100|
Himadri is a travel enthusiast who loves exploring different parts of the world. Over the course of five years, I have been to numerous places, experienced different means of transportation, and stayed at different properties. The details on return and refund policies of different brands provided are based on first-hand experience to help everyone experience a hassle-free booking.